Home staging is preparing your home for sale, with a special emphasis on presentation and apprearance in a way that appeals to the largest possible audience of buyers, in order to ensure a quick sale for the best possible price. FIRST IMPRESSIONS COUNT!
Staged homes sell 2 to 2.5 times faster than non-staged homes!
Benefits of Home Staging
- Positive First Impression from buyers
- Better price achieved in a shorter amount of time
- Appeals to more buyers, creating more inspections
- Impression that the home is well maintained & cared for
- Updated look
- Homes feel larger with less clutter
- Highlights special features of your home
- Quality images & photography
- Positioning small living areas as prime living space
- Staged homes evoke emotions
More Reasons to Home Stage...
The purpose to home staging is to improve the overall style and aesthetics of a property and its appeal to prospective purchasers through the use of furniture, art, cosmetic measures and scene setting. Whilst these aspects emphasise the improvement of a property, they also reduce the flaws of a property through depersonalising or "decluttering" of living spaces.
A balance must be struck between aesthetically pleasant and the garnishly overdone. We are not creating a showroom, but rather a delightfully balanced and homely appearance - perfect for your property's intended market.
Some simple tips to get you started, prior to staging your home. See as follows;
- Have you cleaned and tidied the house? Simple but very effective!
- Is the garden tidy? Ensure lawns are mowed and leaves picked up.
- Have fittings, door knobs, porches scrubbed clean? Most purchasers will relate to these items even if their own homes are not currently in perfect condition.
- Ensure all surfaces in your home are clean - walls, skirtings, windows, glass etc.
- No obvious damage - think of minor repairs equating to diminishment in the value of your property - far in excess of what the actual repair would cost. Believe me; buyers will look for any faults to reduce the price of a property - no matter how insignificant it may be.